Lipetsk *nix Association Forum Lipetsk *nix Association Forum
Новости:

Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
Вам не пришло письмо с кодом активации?
20 Апреля 2024, 06:46:51

Войти

Страниц: [1]   Вниз
  Печать  
Автор Тема: Red Eclipse - бывший Blood Frontier  (Прочитано 7542 раз)
pchel
Продвинутый

Win 2003 / 7 | ALTLinux 5 Desktop | Linux Mint 8

ОС:
Windows XP Windows XP
Браузер:
Firefox 3.6.4 Firefox 3.6.4

WWW Награды
« : 04 Июня 2010, 16:39:33 »

Blood Frontier — бесплатный трехмерный шутер от первого лица для Linux. Blood Frontier предлагает как сетевую, так и однопользовательскую игру с ботами. Доступно несколько видов оружия и гранаты. Мне, например, очень понравился огнемет, не в каждой игре его встретишь. Если вы создаете игру (являетесь сервером или играете с ботами), то вы можете настроить ее полностью как вам угодно. Доступно несколько игровых режимов (десматч, захват флага и др.).

Графика и эффекты у Blood Frontier очень приятные, а звуки и музыка особо не надоедают. Blood Frontier использует игровой движок Cube Engine 2, а для рендеренга графики используется OpenGL.

В Blood Frontier встроен редактор карт. Игра доступна под Linux, Windows и MacOS X.

Вчера в SVN версии были убраны всякие изменения, которые не хотел Acord - основной разработчик BloodFrontier. Появилась новость о том, что теперь проект закрыт и эволюционировал в новую игру Red Eclipse.

Цитата: Автор нового проекта (раньше сотрудничал с BloodFrontier)
There was a split in opinion about what Acord wanted to do, and what the community and I wanted to do. Blood Frontier was Acord's project, and he owned the name and most of the assets; due to the game itself deviating so far from what he intended, tensions in the project continued to increase until there was nothing but anger on both sides of the fence.

Acord had very little time to dedicate to the project and as result it became something he loathed. Every time he played it he would pile on the hate and anger, most of the community would come to my defense to protect the ideas we had all developed together, and it became increasingly apparent that Acord was the odd one out on his own project.

I can see it from his point of view, he was usurped on his own idea, but in a way it was his own fault for starting an idea he couldn't personally follow through on. We all just continued making the game according to what was fun from our point of view, taking feedback from people in the community, and Acord believed it ruined his vision.

In the interests of ending ongoing hostilities between both parties, and saving the project, I resigned from Blood Frontier as Lead Developer and forked the game into Red Eclipse, which will essentially be a continuation of what Blood Frontier was before the split. Acord has since abandoned Blood Frontier, it will no longer be developed.

It's an unfortunate set of circumstances, but to continue doing this work I had to stage a mutiny to gain the creative freedom. Let's just all wish Acord the best for the future and continue on with Red Eclipse, which from now on will be a totally open source game with open assets (no more encumbered copyrighted works).

We've a long road ahead to replace all of Acord's content with free alternatives, and I hope the community will support me in this endeavor even more than they did with the previous project. Long live Red Eclipse.

Теперь в игрухе есть зомби и еще разнообразные фичи. В SVN-версию уже можно играть на официальном сервере.

Старый Blood Frontier:
Официальный сайт
SVN

Новый Red Eclipse:
Официальный сайт
Проект на SourceForge
SVN
« Последнее редактирование: 04 Июня 2010, 17:09:15 от pchel » Записан

Страниц: [1]   Вверх
  Печать  

Перейти в: